From CryptoCurrency Wiki
- A Bitcoin Core and Bitcoin Cash payment service provider headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, United States.
- Attender of Satoshi Roundtable
- Started in may 2011
- Has a BitLicence since 2018.
- On 14-8-2019 introduced KYC for any refund/payment above 1000$
Team, partnerships, etc.
- Gallippi, Tony; co-founder (used to be chairman but not on the website anymore as of 6-2019
- Pair, Stephen; co-founder, CEO and on Board of Directors
- Sonny Singh; CCO
- Glen Braganza; CFO & ICCO
- Cole Riccardi; on Board of Directors, Aquiline Technology Growth
- Carl Stern; on Board of Directors, Former Boston Consulting Group and Goldman Sachs
- Arthur Levitt; advisor, Former Chairman of Securities and Exchange Commission
- Jim Aviles; advisor, Co-Founder, Merchant e-Solutions
- Jeff Garzik used to be an engineer (left before 2015)
- Matias Garcia
- Esteban Ordanao; used to work as a Software Engineer
- Parters with Bloq, ShapeShift, Rootstok
- "AT&T has tapped crypto payment service BitPay to facilitate bill payments in crypto, according to CoinDesk; although other purchases cannot be paid in crypto, AT&T VP Kevin McDorman applauded the effort saying, "We have customers who use cryptocurrency, and we are happy we can offer them a way to pay their bills with the method they prefer”"
- Is one of the projects that is contributing to Microsoft's ION (25-3-2021).
"1inch partners with BitPay: Thanks to the partnership, BitPay users will get access to the 1inch dApp’s DEX aggregation functionality for the best deals across multiple liquidity sources."
- Ver, Roger; first investor
- Silbert, Barry; investor through Digital Currency Group
- Is a sponsor of Coin Center
- Index Ventures, FoundersFund, Felicis Ventures
- Got investment from Mastercard (10-9-2021).