From CryptoCurrency Wiki
(Redirected from Blockchain.info)
- Fka Blockchain.info
- Started in 2011
- One of the most used wallets (15 million wallets) and explorer websites.
- Will launch a new trading platform called Swap.
- Had an 7 hour outage in which wallet users could not connect. User's funds were safe (10-3-2021).
"The firm has seen colossal growth and now has 31 million verified users in 200 countries leveraging Blockchain.com services."
Team, partnerships, etc.
- Antonopoulos, Andreas; first as CSO, from 9-2014 became advisor
- Cary, Nic; CEO, brought onboard by college friend Roger Ver. But not anymore
- Smith, Peter; CEO and Co-Founder (6-2017)
- Has 50 staff members.
- Changpeng " CZ" Zhao; joined Blockchain.info as the third member of the cryptocurrency wallet’s team. As head of development for eight months, he worked closely with well-known Bitcoin evangelists like Roger Ver and Ben Reeves.
- Ver, Roger; first investor
- Raised 40 million in funding in 6-2017 led by the firms Lakestar and GV (formerly Google Ventures). Other investors that participated in the round include Nokota Management, Digital Currency Group, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Mosaic Ventures, Prudence Holdings, Virgin, and Sir Richard Branson.
- Participated in a $25M funding round for Aave (12-10-2020).
- Sponsor of Coin Center.
- Had a $120M funding round in which GV participated again (2-2-2021).
- Raised $300 million in a financing round (24-3-2021).
- DeversiFi; one of the participants of a $5M private token sale for 12% of the DFV supply (18-5-2021).
- Zerion; part of a $8.2 raise (7-7-2021).
- Matter Labs; Blockchain.com took part in the $50M Series B raise, aimed for zkSync (8-11-2021).
- Partnered with Ledger for a hardware wallet called Blockchain Lockbox
- Partnered with Stellar Development Foundation to distribute $125M in Stellar lumens, nearly half a billion tokens, to Blockchain.com wallet holders who sign up for the airdrop; this makes Stellar the first partner for Blockchain's airdrop program and guiding framework announced in 7-2018. Each recipient get's about 25$ worth of crypto.
- Runs an Enterprise Validator Node for Theta (12-6-2020.
Also check out CoinTr.ee for more content.