- Launched in 2018
- Website to check out price information about cryptocurrencies.
- Messari’s Onchainfx dashboard now includes a column for “Real 10” 24-hour volume – the 10 exchanges singled out by Bitwise for their honest reporting. For “true” trading volume and more accurate figures pertaining to circulating supply of crypto asssets, Messari’s Onchainfx is the market leader.
"Messari released a new, free-to-use governance aggregator called Messari Governor that creates a framework for proposal information, voting and other key aspects of user participation in multiple decentralized automatic organizations (DAOs)."
Team, Funding, Partners
- Ryan Selkis; CEO
- Dan McArdle; CTO
- Jeff Clavier; board of directors (11-2019)
- Ryan Watkins researcher (still as of 29-1-2020)
- Invested in by: Anthemis Group, Black Panther, Blockchain Capital, CoinFund, Cypher Capital LLC, DHVC, Fenbushi Capital, Floodgate Fund LP, Galaxy Capital Partners, Kindred Ventures, Rising Tide, Semantic Ventures, SparkLabs Global Ventures
- Invested in by: Garry Tan, Matthew Roszak, Pamir Gelenbe, Kyle Samani, Meltem Demirors
- Is backing accelerator program Startup Studio (which is set up by IDEO CoLab Ventures which has itself invested in Messari)
- From EthHub #88 (19-11-2019)
"Data provider Messari has closed a $4 million funding round led by Uncork Capital with new participation from Coinbase Ventures and former Coinbase CTO Balaji Srinivasan, according to a statement from the New York-based firm. As part of the deal, Uncork’s founder Jeff Clavier was named to Messari’s board of directors."
"Point72 Ventures, the early-stage investment firm founded by hedge fund billionaire Steven Cohen, has led a $21M funding round in Messari. It is Point72’s first foray into crypto. A raft of big names joined Point72 in the round, including existing backers Coinbase Ventures and Uncork Capital, plus new investors Alameda Capital, Kraken Ventures, and Blockchain Ventures, among others."